OutBack FX series inverters offer a list of innovations versus competing products. With improved inverter reliability using next generation power technology, they also make their inverters modular so systems could be stacked in any configuration and are easily expanded to build systems up to 36 kW of total power. Best of all most models are now grid-tie capable.
OutBack products offer unique features including:
- Smaller design takes less wall space
- New 2800 W, 12 V model
- Fully sealed (FX and GTFX models) or bug-proof (GVFX)
- Grid tie compatible without additional accessories
- True pure sine wave output instead of 34 steps per cycle offers lower harmonic distortion
- Better able to start large motor loads
- Higher efficiency, especially at higher power loads
- Built-in generator start software
- Field serviceable with end user board swaps
- Stackable in series/parallel for 120/240 VAC and 3 phase, up to 36 kW
OutBack offers fully sealed models in both 24 and 48 V, with 500 watts more power than the original FX series. With an all-aluminum chassis, conformal coated circuit boards and a gasketed design, the inverter is fully protected from some of the major causes of inverter failure: corrosion and insects.
The GVFX series feature higher output and great value. They have conformal coated circuit boards, stainless vent screens and a washable foam filter on the air inlet.
The modular design allows OutBack Inverters to be stacked in either series (120 VAC) or parallel (120/240 VAC), or even three phase (120/208 VAC) and up to 8 inverters may be stacked in a single system. This makes them ideal for systems that are expected to grow over time.